Monday, July 14, 2014

goodness over the weekend...


Santa Rosa plums from our friends backyard...juicy and delicious.

The weekend was good. Long and quiet.

On Saturday morning our dear friends stopped by unexpectedly to drop off a basket of their homegrown plums. They were so, so good. It made my day and reminded me that we definitely need to plant a Santa Rosa plum tree in our own backyard!

The peaches are finally ready at our local peach orchard so I took a country drive to pick some up. I've been waiting for a bowl of fresh peaches and cream since last summer! I finally got to enjoy some Sunday morning...they were worth the wait.

We had marinated flank steak last night...I made a loose variation of this marinade. And I gotta say, it was deeee-licious. That along with a pasta salad made for a nice dinner for two. But I sure do miss my boys being at the table with us...change...it's hard, isn't it?

But even still, life is good, even in the hard times. 


Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14



1 comment:

Angela said...

I wait for the Lord but sometimes I do get inpatient. That is an awesome passage. Praise the Lord!!
I love plums! Those looks nice and ripe.