Thursday, June 26, 2014

one day at a time.



I was getting a little nervous that the day would never come. But it did...finally. As of Tuesday I am officially on summer break! I think it's gonna take me a week or so to unwind and ease into a more relaxing schedule.

I have been thinking of all the things I want to do during my break...things around the house mostly. Maybe a few creative things, too, but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Maybe once my brain gets out of work mode and into summer mode some of those ideas will surface.

Unfortunately, the only things I can think of to do during my break are projects around the house...scrub this, repair that, finish this...no fun. But things that need doing nonetheless.

I need to make a list. (Of course I do! Would you expect anything less?) "Summer manifesto" keeps coming to mind. I didn't realize that me wanting to write down everything I wanted to do this summer actually had a name...summer manifesto. But my dear friend brought it up last week and I decided to follow suit. I suppose that list should contain a few fun, creative things as well. We'll see...

Until then I will finish helping Ian get ready to go out of state with a friend for a month (!!)...putter in the garden...sip hot coffee on cool, quiet mornings...watch my morning shows, Joyce Meyer and Kelly and Michael...drink more water...and remind myself to take one day at a time.


1 comment:

Denise said...

one day at a time...!
I say put your feet up and enjoy a few weeks at least until after the 4th!!