Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday in the Word


Psalm 91:1-2, 14-16

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
“Because she loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue her;
    I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name.

She will call on me, and I will answer her;

    I will be with her in trouble,
    I will deliver her and honor her.
 With long life I will satisfy her
    and show her my salvation.


The bible says "him". I changed it to "her". Sometimes it's good, and OK, to personalize scripture...because sometimes God's word speaks to you so personally that you can't help but say, "this is just for me".

Last night at bible study we were praying for a sister who just needed to be surrounded by her sisters in Christ and covered in prayer. As we were praying, Psalm 91 popped into my head. Not the whole chapter. Just the address..."Psalm 91", clear as day.

After the prayer I wrote "Psalm 91" on a slip of paper and gave it to her. It was for her.

But this morning, as I'm getting ready for the day, getting ready to go to a friend's for brunch, getting ready to hit the road with Ian later to visit my aunt and uncle at their cabin, I realized that Psalm 91 was also for me. And for you, too. For everyone, should we choose to listen and believe.


No comments: