Friday, November 8, 2013

recently...


Would you believe I just hung things back on the walls
after repainting in JUNE? I know.
I spoke in front of a room full of women last weekend...on a stage...under lights...into a microphone...and I lived to tell about it. Public speaking is not on my list of favorite things to do. But when God asks you to do something...you do it. And He gets you through it.

We've got a 3-day weekend coming up...I didn't realize this until yesterday, so...bonus! Although, don't you think we should get Friday's off rather than Mondays? We've done that before and it makes so much more sense. Then you can start your new week without feeling like you're already a step behind. However, an extra day off is an extra day off...so I'll take it!

I'm going to go shopping with my mom this weekend...IKEA for sure, and who knows where else we'll end up. When we shop we can go from 9am to 9pm. And I don't even like to shop! But I DO like to hang out with my mom...so...it evens out.

The cold weather is finally here...sweaters and slippers and soups and oven baked goodness...makes me breathe a sigh of relief.

What are your plans for the weekend?


3 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

Michelle! I have two things the kids made me when they were little. I've wondered how to save them from all the They've lived taped to the wall, in folders, etc.... I am going to FRAME them! What a great idea! Thanks!!!

sarah said...

well, I want to go to ikea too! xo good for you for speaking in front of a crowd. you are courageous. I already knew that though.

Denise said...

details lady - I want the details of that speaking into a microphone. email me?

sounds like your weekend is going to be just wonderful. You know I drive by IKEA on my way to work!

enjoy your extra day off!