Saturday, October 19, 2013

when the weather cools.


from scratch this morning...even though I don't bake...frozen strawberries,
not enough sugar, but still edible, apparently...more than half are gone already.
The temperatures are steadily dropping. I have been wearing a sweater in the morning on the way to work. Yesterday I even turned on the heat in my car.

Good things happen when the weather cools...I feel myself coming to life, the weight of stifling heat is lifted and I finally feel like I can breathe.

I plan meals...and actually make them. Meals like chili and chowder and slow-cooked roast. I don't know if there's anything more comforting than something simmering on the stove on a crisp, cold day. Come to think of it, I spend a lot more time in the kitchen and things like muffins and hearty breakfasts get made.

And as you can imagine, this makes my family happy. Nothing like waking up to something good in the kitchen.








1 comment:

Denise said...

enjoy this time - it sounds it is the one in which you thrive!