Saturday, September 28, 2013

better than a CSA box.



The other day I came home from work to find this big box of beautiful tomatoes sitting on the porch. Inside was a note from one of Chris' friends that we haven't seen or heard from in quite some time. Nothing like a visit from a long lost friend bearing amazing produce!

I was thrilled. Especially since I had recently purchased a few tomatoes from the grocery store and could have sworn I was eating a wet sponge and not a tomato. This glorious gift was going to ensure that I get to eat delicious spinach salads for a little while longer!

And tomorrow...homemade tomato sauce will be simmering away on the stove. I've never made tomato sauce from scratch before...wish me luck!


1 comment:

Denise said...

that was so nice! I'd love that box of tomatoes. good luck with the sauce - something tells me it is going to be delicious.