Saturday, March 23, 2013

Yesterday...




Yesterday...I hit the snooze button one time too many. I don't even think I meant to...I was just that tired. It didn't set me back, though...I always leave myself plenty of time to wake up slow, sip coffee, check email. I need that time...no rushing. On the way out the door I snapped the photo of the sunrise. Wish you could have seen it in person...it was incredible.

Yesterday...I made this cream of broccoli soup for lunch. Even though she's not my favorite, you can rarely go wrong with a Martha recipe. It was tasty...although it would have been better had I not burned the onion a little...oops. (Speaking of soup...have you ever had Ina Garten's Winter Squash Soup? Oh my...is it ever good. And easy. Not to mention, it freezes well. Good to freeze in lunch size containers and grab and go!)

Yesterday...I read a blog post that struck me to the core. Do you ever come across a blog...a person...who is able to put your deepest thoughts into words? I have and it blows my mind how her words could have been whispered by my own lips...amazing, really.

Yesterday...I worked and went to the grocery store and did laundry and fed chickens and cats and a dog. Then decided that the humans in the house could fend for themselves...there were plenty of good leftovers in the fridge to choose from.

As for today...I decided to leave the week behind and just enjoy the weekend and whatever it decides to bring our way.


1 comment:

Green Gal said...

So lovely... Thanks for sharing. It certainly feels like fate or synchronicity when we come across writers who've said what we most deeply feel but have never put to words.