Monday, March 4, 2013

over the weekend..

Crocks soaking in hot sudsy water.

...I cleaned the kitchen, finally, counters, stuff on counters, stuff on walls. I have a lot of stuff.

...I bought some black radishes from a mini farmer's market. It was recommended to me to "pickle" them. I'm gonna try it...and if it works I'll share the recipe.

...the washer leaked water all over the carpet remnant in the garage. I think it's toast. The carpet. Not the washer. Thank goodness. Turns out it was only a leaky hose and my husband is very handy. He fixed it. Thank you, honey.

...we "demanded" Argo. It was good. But not great. I never agree with the Oscars.

...we watched many episodes of Portlandia. And I laughed so hard I cried...on several occasions. Where has this show been all my life? (And a word of warning...some of the skits are completely inappropriate...FYI.)

...had my mom and dad over for dinner to celebrate dad's birthday. It was a nice time...we ate tacos, searched restaurants near the Curran Theater for when mom and I go see Jersey Boys in a few weeks, and talked about everything from new flooring to wrestling to politics. And then we had some chocolate cake. It was fun...can't wait to do it again. I love my parents.




1 comment:

Denise said...

I have found the most recent episodes of Portlandia to not be so funny and more inappropriate :(

we too watched Argo - I enjoyed it.
Your cake looked really good!!

Happy New Day :)