Saturday, January 5, 2013

under the weather.


Earlier today...a cup of lemon ginger tea, a glass of water, remnants of an onion that was chopped up and added to a healthful chicken broth simmering on the stove.

My glands are swollen, my body is a little achy, I'm tired and my head hurts...all just a little bit. I'm not terribly sick, but enough to know that I needed to go slow today.

And go slow I did.
(I listened to my body.)
I am already feeling a little better.
(I think it has a lot to do with salt water gargles and the broth I made today.)

It's getting dark out...I just lit some candles.
And guess what? It just started to rain...perfect for a sick day, don't you think?

* * * *

Healthful Chicken Broth

1 chicken carcass
1 onion, rough chopped
2 cloves garlic, smashed
celery tops (or two ribs)
2 bay leaves
1-2 tsp turmeric
1/2-1 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper

Add all ingredients to a soup pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour or two. Strain into containers.

One chicken made two quarts of broth. I put one on the fridge to sip tonight and tomorrow and the other one went into the freezer for the next time someone is feeling under the weather.



1 comment:

Denise said...

hope you are better today!