Monday, July 23, 2012

it was time.


We went to church yesterday. It was good. It was needed. It was time.

We finally decided to attend the biggest church in town. I fought it. I didn't want to go to a big church. Don't get me wrong. It's a great church. We've been to many confereneces and worship sessions there and have always enjoyed them. It's a great church. It's just...big.

But honestly, it didn't feel big. It felt good. And comfortable. And like it's where we are supposed to be right now.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper  
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you
will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back 
  from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where
I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back
to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Jeremiah 29:11-14

2 comments:

Denise said...

I haven't been going to church again. I hate the guilt of not going though. And, we won't be going this weekend either...

I'm glad you tried the big church - do you plan on going back?

Anonymous said...

I stopped going to church in 1996 and found the most amazing God! He told me to keep myself just to Him until He released me. I think we are close.

I adore your banner photo. It gave me an instant sense of peace.

Kris
http://krissimplyliving.blogspot.com