Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday in the Word


11 Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you
will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Slowly but surely this scripture is becoming more and more true in my life. In our lives. We got chickens. The garden has gotten bigger each year. We are planting fruit. I am continuing to learn about preserving and storing food. I am even dabbling in homeopathic remedies for minor injuries and illnesses. There is so much we can do at home, there's no need to run to a doctor for every little thing. It's liberating to know that I can handle a lot more in taking care of my family than I realized.

Slowly but surely, this scripture that I was certain God had given to the wrong girl, is becoming real and evident in my life.

This scripture is evidence to me that God DOES know what's best for us. He DOES know what we need and when we need it. He DOES know the plans He has for us. And He DOES have our best interest at heart.

And, He knows it long before we do. All we need to do is listen. And trust. And follow His lead.

Yes. This is easier said than done at times. But with God all things are possible and we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. Amen? Amen.

Be blessed today....trust Him, He will direct your path.

No comments: