Tuesday, April 24, 2012

it's all good.


Another dogwood photo...
  • The garden is in...and happy. Everything is perky and happy and thriving. It makes me happy.
  • I think I need to plant a Dogwood tree...isn't it amazing? Look how the blossoms are folded up like little packages. I can't get over it...
  • Jennifer was talking about her lilac tree the other day. I love lilacs. Noni had one on the side of her house...it smelled so incredibly good. I think I need to plant a lilac tree, too.
  • Next up on the backyard fix-up list...shade plants along the back fence and in the shady corner of the garden. Not sure what exactly...I know I've got hosta bulbs in the garage. And I've got wood violets in the front yard that divide easily. Then maybe a flat of Baby Tears planted here and there.
  • I'm back to my original hours at work...the extra hours were nice, I have to admit.
  • Speaking of work...it's time to get ready to go.
Have a great day...

2 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Dogwood is the official flower of my city. We have tons of them here, mostly white.

Unknown said...

Love the dogwood picture, Michelle. Do you know the legend of the dogwood? When I was growing up in the Midwest in the 40s, 50s & part of the 60s, where most of the dogwoods were white, we were taught that the dogwood flower represents the crucifiction of Jesus. The center is the crown of thorns; the four pedals - the cross; and the circular marks at the tips of the pedals are the nail marks in His hands. Cool, huh?? Keep taking pictures and writing your blogs. Love em and love you.

PS. The special picture on the top of your page looks like Pleasants Valley. Is it? If its where I think it is, we met the owner who sells organic olive oil made from olives from a 120 year old olive orchard near this barn! FYI :-)