Thursday, January 12, 2012

life is full of good things.



Life is full of good things...like Noni's yellow bowl. Everything I make in it tastes SO good. I miss my Noni every single day...so being able to look around my home and see little reminders of her makes me happy.

My friend, Jennifer, shared a really good video about life this morning that blessed me and got me thinking...about paying attention, looking for the good, living each day like the true gift that it is..."It's like life-giving water if you only open your heart and drink."

I am taking part in a creative exercise hosted by this beautiful gal...we've never met, have only corresponded a handful of times...but I really like the way she thinks and the way she views the world. I was drawn to this creative exercise because it's weekly...it's low-key...therefore it's good for me and my busy schedule. A word a week expressed in any way you want...a photo, a poem, a painting...your choice. This week's word: peace. Yes, please.

Ian asked me to buy some granola...they sell it in bulk at Winco. I was in the neighborhood so I stopped and bought some. (No...I didn't make it. I know!) I sprinkled some over my yogurt...as did Ian. That is some good stuff...

I avoided Facebook for the longest time...I avoid most new things for a while and eventually succumb because my curiosity gets the best of me. I have to say...Facebook can be a good thing. Because of it I have been able to contact several old friends I thought I'd lost contact with forever. One of those friends, Kym (who I am SO grateful to be reconnected with after 25 years or so) writes a blog about her life and her sweet and adorable little girl Lily who was born with a condition called Hypotonia, or "floppy baby syndrome". Kym is beautiful, funny and eloquent...have a visit, won't you? And join us in praying for miracles for Lily.

Yeah...life is full of good things. I am grateful... And really...go watch that video...it'll change the way you continue your day. xo



5 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

yes, yes and yes!

i have been looking at urban.prairie.forest from your site. i like her style too.

thank you SO much for your comment today. God opened this door for me - I just know it.

the video is awesome. i know i have not been using my days wisely as of late.

Nancy said...

love that video! definitely spoke to me.

Unknown said...

ahhhh!!! Thank you, Michelle for your sweet words about me and Lily in your post today. More importantly, for your prayers in Lily's behalf.
After 25 years of no contact, I can truly say it was one of my most memorable moments of 2011 when we reconnected.
You have grown into a wise, wonderful, good, inspirational and spiritual woman. Your Noni must have been so proud to call you her granddaughter. I am pleased to call you my friend.

Unknown said...

"Give a Girl a Fig" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/01/sites-to-see_13.html