Friday, December 2, 2011

{this is on Pinterest...but originally came from flickr...but is
from a private account that I cannot link to. But if you are the
one who made this amazing print (or know who did)...please let me know,
as I'd love to purchase a copy of my own to frame and love forever.}
I'm sorry...but I still can't get over how much I am loving poetry. I love to read it...I love to write it...I love to critique it and sit in a writing group having others critique my own...it's a whole new way to express myself. And this doesn't surprise anyone as much as it surprises ME.

Currently, Mary Oliver is a favorite...I'm reading a lot of her work for my final portfolio essay for creative writing. So many amazing poems...such beautiful words...incredible imagery...I'm sold.

And don't you just love a good lino cut? This print above...a combination of three of my favorite things, poetry, Mary Oliver and block prints...is almost more than I can stand. I'd love to have this in a print to frame and hang in my home.

So it's Friday...gotta get ready for work. I tidied up the place this morning and now I'm running a bit behind. I'm going Christmas shopping tonight with my mom...looking forward to that. And then the weekend...which will include a baby shower, taking Seth to an open parking lot to practice a stick shift and lots of school work. Doesn't sound so bad, does it?

What are you doing this weekend? I hope it involves something fun and refreshing...xoxo

2 comments:

nancy said...

yet another author to check out. always glad when you share a writer you enjoy.

practicing a stick? our madison's car is a stick. she's quite good at it too. and, it's funny to me how many high school boys can't drive one and they're so impressed that she can! love.it.

wrapped christmas gifts this morning only to learn i haven't bought as much as i thought i had. will be shopping on my lunch hours next week.

p.s. it's 4pm and i'm still in my jammies ;)

Mavis said...

Love it! :)