Thursday, September 1, 2011

I need a calendar.

Flickr...oh the goodness of Flickr.

This week has been a blur. I have had plans each day, made lists and everything...of things I wanted {needed} to get done...but then something else came up, someone called, an appointment was remembered, and each day took a different turn than I'd planned. Then, suddenly, it would be 11pm and the lists were left incomplete.

I need a calendar. I've been double-booking. It's kind of funny...I'm super picky about my calendar, or date book really, not like a wall calendar. I prefer the notebook style of calendar...with big squares that I can write stuff in...dates, appointments, birthdays, plans, homework assignments. And if I can't find what I'm looking for I go without until I find what works for me. Even if that means jotting down appointments and such on sticky notes and bill envelopes and the backs of receipts. No wonder I can't keep things straight.

To make the whole calendar thing more challenging...I am cheap. I don't want to pay a ton of money for a date book. Matter of fact, the last one I got I actually found at the 99 Cent Store and it was perfect. Sometimes I fantasize about making my own...printing things out, using recycled materials, stapling it and sewing it and adding pockets made of old envelopes.

Hmm...matter of fact...that is NOT a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all...

5 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

I'm SUPER picky about my calendar as well. But I couldn't survive without one, because if it's not written down in one place...whoosh! It's gone out of my mind! I like one that will lay flat, that shows two weeks at a time (so I can plan ahead), that isn't too big, but that has plenty of room to write. I've thought also of just making my own, but I usually seem to be able to find one that I like. It also has to be less than $20. And the pages have to be sturdy. And it has to have cool quotes and/or artwork in it. Is that asking too much?? lol

Unknown said...

This is anything but cheap, but have you seen the Erin Condren Life Planners?


http://www.erincondren.com/store/index.php?cPath=956

I would LOVE to have one of these!!! (I'm a calendar/datebook fanatic).

teekaroo said...

I wrote a post much like this one back in January. I'm like you. It has to be a certain way for me to actually use it and I do actually make my own now. Except I only printed out through July and I haven't re-printed yet and I'm lost. School started and I can't keep track of which teacher is asking for what stuff, or when I'm supposed to be where. I have -print out new planner- scribbled on my "junk mail" to-do list. I have several envelopes and post-it notes floating around my desk at this moment.

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Me too! It has to FEEL right or I won't use it. These days though, I put stuff in my ipod calendar and then write it on the big calendar on the fridge. If it's not written down, it doesn't happen!

MAKE IT! MAKE IT!!

Michelle said...

Try these DIY alternatives to buying a planner.

http://diyplanner.com/ and
http://www.kylaroma.com/2011/01/making-a-custom-day-planner-part-one-making-a-plan-template-downloads/