Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday in the Word.

Chinese baby hat in a shop in Sonoma.

Psalm 139:13-16

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.

* * * * * * * * *

I did a bible study by Beth Moore back in 2007 titled Believing God. There was one statement she made (among many others, of course, but this one was important enough to me that I took the time to write it in the margin of my bible.) Basically she paraphrased verse 15...and I thought it was beautiful...

God hid you in a blanket of soft tissue and bid your heart to beat. For many
days He alone knew you existed. You were His secret. ~ Beth Moore

To know that God alone knew about me weeks before my mother did is mind boggling. To think that it was because of Him that my heart began to beat. To think that it was just me and God...to know that He was caring for me, forming me, planning me, making a place for me in this world....this great big world...

We were not a surprise to God.
He planned me and He planned YOU.
He created us for a reason and a purpose.

We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
God doesn't make mistakes.
xo

1 comment:

christina said...

God makes no mistakes. No mam he doesn't.
xoxo