Thursday, February 24, 2011

sunshine...on a cloudy day.

flickr favorites...I can't get enough. go here for credits.
It's cold and gray and dreary here today...threatening rain...maybe snow some say. That would be fine by me. 

I am not sure how I'm feeling today...not as good as yesterday...but better than last Friday...slightly more wheezy...and a little more coughing...again. Woke up twice last night, coughing...which I haven't done in a few nights. I'm attributing it to the steroids...they helped, but now I'm done taking them...but do I need more? Waiting on a call from the Dr. to see what she wants me to do. I wish she'd hurry up...the waiting is making me a bit anxious.

I am tired of this...

Browsing beautiful photography on flickr.com is a nice way to pass the time when you're under the weather...

{I think I am in need of some Vitamin C...what do you think?}

(Maybe when I go to Costco for my inhaler I'll buy a big box of oranges like the one my beautiful friend Mandy brought to me when I was first sick...oh, were they good. Thank you, Mandy! Do you know that she and I have known each other since were 13...that is 30 years! How can that be? And now...our sons hang out together now and then. Crazy.)

Speaking of my son, Seth is home sick today...and yesterday, too. Sore throat, stuffy nose, aches...yesterday a fever, but not today. We are a pair...

Other than that...not a lot going on around here...still. Ready to be well...prayers would be most welcome...for healing, clear airways, wisdom for the Dr. to treat this once and for all...patience and calm for ME. Thank you...xo

7 comments:

Eliza J said...

I looked back on my monthly calendar the other day, and noted that in 2009 I was out of work for a whopping "3 weeks" in February with asthmatic bronchitis/pneumonia. I have never, ever, ever, been so sick in my life. Just give yourself time to heal, and as they say, drink plenty of fluids. I knew that and got dehydrated anyway. I sympathize with how you feel, and hope you get better soon ~

Anonymous said...

people are calling the sickness around here the 100 day cold. hope it doesn't seriously last 100 days but it does sound like it is a hard one to shake off quickly.

take care Michelle. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

Hi!!!!! Remember me? I searched your name and found a comment on Nina's blog which led me here! I hope you are feeling better you are often in m thought!
Melissa Manley (used to be Manley- Daniels)

christina said...

it takes time to get over this, a lot of time... seems like everyone has the same symptoms. our whole house, is on the mend.

feel better friend. i wish i lived closer, i could bring you some soup.

XO

Nancy said...

the title of your blog sounds like it could be the title of a song.

just saw a segment on our local news about finding "remedies" in our fridge rather than our medicine cabinet. citrus of any kind was one of the foods they suggested. i say buy yourself some!

Whitney said...

Hello! You have no idea how inspiring and encouraging you've been to me through the years. I was going to ask you, and this is the only way I know how, if I could use a few quotes from you in my new blog. I have it ready but wanted to make sure that was fine with you first. :)http://dayofhoney.blogspot.com/
There it is. :)

Sheryl said...

I know you are feeling better now but isn't being trapped from your life so trying?? Loved the pictures from your time w/ your mom. I see where you get your beauy from!!