Thursday, November 4, 2010

what to do...


the kitchenette at the hostel in Belgium
 I'm enjoying my second cup of Earl Grey this morning. Everyone is gone to their respective places...school, work...  I'm still in my jammies, trying to figure out what I'm going to do today. My aunt is hosting a holiday boutique in her home...so I could work on some of the items I'm making for that. I could wash the new fabric I bought last night...muslin, linen, ticking. I could drop things off at the donation station at the thrift shop. I could mop floors. (eh..) I could write my 500 words per day, plus 500 I missed for yesterday, for the NaNoWriMo project I signed up for in a moment of insanity. I could go pay a bill. Or two.

And...chances are...I will do ALL of these things.

But not right now...in a little bit.

Because first I want to share a couple of cool things with you this morning...

My sweet friend TH over at Thy Hand Hath Provided has started a new series called, Giving of Ourselves. TH has such a heart for missions...and for giving...and for living on less so that she can give more. She has decided to use her blog for God's glory and in doing that she will post occasional interviews with women who are giving of themselves to serve God the best they can no matter where they're at in life. Her hope and her desire is that women will be inspired to do what they can, be it big or small, to make a difference in the lives of others. And I am humbled that she chose me for her first interview.

Another sweet friend, Camilla over at bloom has just opened up her new online business, Magnolia Handspun. Camilla spins the most beautiful yarns and out of fibers she's dyed herself and they are unbelievably gorgeous.

Good stuff...I'm surrounded by amazing, beautiful and creative people...how cool is that?

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

It's way cool that you're surrounded by such wonderful people. I loved reading Thy Hand's interview with you this morning. Thanks for sharing!

teekaroo said...

See you over at THHP! And wow on those yarns. I've just found a new favorite blog...

christina said...

what lovely and peaceful post. sigh.
i will pay a visit to TH, it's new a new blog to me. such a good thing to hear, about camilla. i love her.
i love you too.
: )

Wren said...

Love your photo! Just rolling here with a cup of coffee. Isn't Camilla's yarn AMAZING!! I am just in awe!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your tea!!
xo