Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday in the Word.

Psalm 4

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
*Selah
Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself, the Lord will hear when I call to him.
In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.
Selah
Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord.
Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
(*Selah means "stop and ponder, think on this.)
A while ago...like a year or two...I had a very vivid dream. I was laying in a bed in a very dark room. The only light was a dim bulb shining directly above me. As I was laying there trying to sleep a little sheep came and jumped up on the bed and tried to lay down next to me. I immediately moved away...holding my hands away from it in disgust as it was dirty. It had dirt and leaves and hay stuck all in it's fur and I was so grossed out that it was getting in the bed. Not only did it get in the bed...it tried to snuggle up next to me. It kept wanting to get closer and closer. The more I pulled away, the closer the little sheep got to me. It was not aggressive...it was not pushy..it was persistent. It was sweet. It needed me. It wanted comfort...and warmth...and love. I finally gave in...and I let the little sheep get close. I put my arm over its soft wool and let it close. And when I did I felt a peace like I'd never felt.
When I woke up, God whispered this in my heart...
"Feed my sheep."

7 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

What an amazing dream! How wonderful when God talks to us!

Unknown said...

The screen is now blurry... I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I'll be thinking of this for a long time.

Anonymous said...

wow, that was extremely powerful.

Sheryl said...

wow, powerful!

you know i love stopping by here on wednesdays. (well, i like everyday here, but you know what i mean) i really stop and read the scripture you have chosen. so often i just skim over things, but never when i know you chose it specifically. thank you for this!

Nancy said...

How wonderful! God does speak to us.

Juli said...

It is a great burden but when we're called, in whatever way, it is also an honor :)

Thank you so much for your kind words today, they made me smile.

The very first book I ever had on herbalism is Rodales Encyclopedia of Herbs. It's pretty old but I still have it and still look to it. Some others that I find very valuable are Natural Child Care (if it's safe for a child then it most likely safe for the severely ill and elderly as well.) Hienermans Encyclopedia of Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs, and Susan Weeds for Child Bearing Years. I can look up the codes if you need them. I have many more books but those have been most valuable to me. I also have some plant identification books that I keep with me all the time.

T said...

Michelle, that is beautiful. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!