Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday in the Word: 2 Thessalonians 3:3

2 Thessalonians 3:3
3But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen
and protect you from the evil one.
There is good and there is bad. God is good. The evil one is bad. God wants the best for me. The evil one wants to kill and destroy me. The good news is that God IS faithful...and he WILL strengthen and protect me, and you, from the evil one. There's a good worship song, "Shout Unto God"...it's so powerful. And loud! (Go listen!) And it's a great reminder that we all know the ending. If you've read the bible...Revelation in particular...then you know the end, too. God wins. The enemy is cast into the lake of fire. God wins. And all of us win, too. We KNOW the end result. We KNOW that there is a happy ending. So it's time to stop living as if I've been defeated...as if the evil one has beat me. He hasn't. And he won't. He can't stop me. He can't beat me. He can't kill or destroy me. He can try. Yes. He can. And he will. But...BUT...God is faithful...and He will strengthen and protect me from the evil one....thank you, God...with You, ALL things are possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we just started singing a new song at church that says "all things are possible". If you were here, I would sing it for you. Or, maybe I would. I am not a singer but the words are still true : )

Dave said...

AMEN.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Amen, Michelle. Amen.