Monday, May 4, 2009

poetic.

A friend of mine at church gave me a vase full of beautiful calla lilies over the weekend. And I have to be honest...calla lilies have never been one of my favorite flowers. They always made me think "funeral".
However, this weekend...and this vase of callas...changed my mind.

I brought the vase home and placed it in the middle of my dining table.
Ahh...fresh flowers. What a nice touch.
Eventually, I decided to take some photos...just because. And wow. I have a new appreciation for these amazing, strong, elegant, beautiful, poetic flowers. It's amazing what you see through a lens that you might not see in real life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to take pictures of flowers as well. I love how you framed that picture. Might be worth printing and framing!

WhiteStone said...

We lived in the California foothills for three years and if I remember correctly, our neighbor had calla lilies in his flower bed out front. They were lovely!

Elaine said...

Calla Lilies are my favorite flower. Elegant, sophisticated, smooth and clean looking. You captured them beautifully!