Saturday, April 4, 2009

Busy Saturday.

I'm taking a break in between baseball games, errands and laundry. Seth had a game at 10 this morning...and it didn't end until almost 1pm! They won...so that was good..but my goodness, three hours?!
I dropped them all off at home and then went to the grocery store. By the time I got home they were gone, back to the ball field for Ian's game at 4:30, so I'll meet them out there in a bit. But for now...I'm going to enjoy some quiet time.
I stopped by the thrift store on the way home. They were closing in 10 minutes so I just did a quick swoop. I left empty handed...but I did take some time to talk with Francine, one of the employees there. She is so nice. She's the one that set aside my canning euqipment for me last summer. She asked if I was ready for some more canning...heck yeah! We talked about chickens and pepper jelly and sustainability and cellars and heirloom seeds. I mentioned we should start a local group of like-minded people. She agreed. So we'll see. It would be nice if we were able to follow through. Something about talking with others that are in agreement with a simpler lifestyle is comforting. Not to mention, maybe we could share the excess of our gardens with one another.
We'll see...it's fun to think about. And who knows...maybe it could evolve into something bigger. A community garden? A co-op? You never know!

No comments: