Monday, April 27, 2009

Brrrr...


It is a chilly Monday morning. Chilly. The cold wind is blowing and my heater is running. And honestly, this is fine by me.
I've got a lot running through my mind this morning...house, meals, money, business, job opportunities, ministry, friendships...too much at once. So...what do I do? Zone out and blog.
I guess the thing to do here is to stop worrying...because "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27) It does me absolutely no good to worry. All it does is cause anxiety...and anxiety is not of God. As a matter of fact...God says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Phil. 4:6)
So, obviously, I am not relying on God at this very moment in my life. Obviously, I am facing the wrong direction...and I am not moving toward God. I'm spinning in circles...getting more and more confused and lost and anxious...and allowing the enemy of my soul to take charge.
This is not what God intends for me. Not even close.
So...because I know the Truth. And because I know that anxiety and worry are not of God. And because I know that God loves me and provides for me and guides me and cares for me...I will turn around, face Him, and move forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a very good reminder