Monday, March 9, 2009

Two peas in a pod.

I love this picture. It's a photo of my son, Ian, on the right and my nephew, Quintin, on the left. My sister in law and I were pregnant at the same time. Quintin was four months old when Ian was born. Things were fine until they turned two. That's when they realized that they both wanted the same things...the same ball, the same toy truck, the same Lego...if one had it, the other wanted it. And trust me...it got ugly.
This tension in their relationship lasted until they were about 4 or so. And all of a sudden they realized that they could actually have a LOT of fun with each other if they would just share the toys and play together. Once they figured that out the future looked brighter...for them AND for the rest of us! And now? Now, they truly are two peas in a pod.
The imagination these two share is amazing. They create the most elaborate Lego scenes...and Bionicle scenes...their imaginations are impressive. And they are exactly alike. They can play for hours upon hours with these little worlds they've created out of Legos and shoe boxes and Rubbermaid lids...Legos all over Ian's room and down the hall and into my room and his brother's room...an entire Lego city that only the two of them know about. And they agree on all of it...and see it all the same. It's unbelievable...
Don't get me wrong...there are disagreements from time to time. But for the most part, these little guys are like two peas in a pod. They're lucky to have each other...friend and family all in one. Can't beat that...

No comments: