Thursday, February 12, 2009

You know the saying...

When life gives you lemons.... Or should I say, "When Uncle D and Aunt Lisa give you lemons!"? I went over to my aunt and uncle's house today to take some pictures of their gorgeous kitchen remodel. Between my aunt's great design, my uncle's patience in the ways of the Dobrunick women and my husband's amazing talent my aunt and uncle now have the most beautiful kitchen. It is truly gorgeous...not a detail left out.
Of course when you're taking photos of a kitchen remodel it must be staged, no? So Uncle D graciously clipped some Meyer lemons from their backyard tree for display. And lucky ME got to bring them ALL HOME. Aren't they so pretty? I love Meyer lemons. I have a tiny tree of my own...and it produced lemons...about 7 of them. Obviously I needed more. So I'm going to be juicing lemons for a while...I figure I'll freeze some juice in ice cube trays to add to sauces and marinades and then I thought I'd make some yummy pink lemonade for all my boys for Valentine's Day. A little red food coloring ought to do the trick! In the meantime, I'm going to pine away for that cool glass juicer I passed up at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I KNEW I should have grabbed it! That's the third thrift regret I have in less than 30 days...the juicer, the brand new Whirly Pop and the brand new apple corer/peeler BRAND NEW IN THE BOX for $4!! Dangit. I really need to get the hang of "seizing the moment"...you know?

No comments: